Monday 17 June 2013

Hurraw! Lip Balm [Review]

Hey guys it's been a LONG while!!


I went to visit my aunty in Kent, London for a few days and saw a lip balm called Hurraw! in Earl Grey flavour! Yes, EARL GREY TEA! Mmmmm! Sadly, I didn't pick one up as I was a bit rushed for time - gahhh! >,<

"Hurraw! lip balm is all natural, vegan, made from premium raw, organic and fair trade ingredients!" 

Soooo, when I got back home I did some research and decided to order some online :)

Price & where to buy: I got mine from eBay (£3.99), Super Smoocher (Having a closing down sale at £2.42 & £2.73 for special flavours) and Cute Cosmetics (£3.99 & £4.29 for special flavours). The prices are pretty decent for an all natural brand!! ^__^

Size: 4.3g

You can check out the official Hurraw! website here ;D Go check out their range of flavours!

 L-R: Cinnamon (Tinted), Chai Spice, Pitta, Earl Grey, Coffee Bean

From my Hurraw! Haul, I decided to purchase interesting flavours you don't see often in lip balms (mainly tea flavours - I freaking love my tea: Cinnamon, Chai Spice, Pitta, Earl Grey, and Coffee Bean *drooools*


The lip balm has an oval shape and contains quite a lot of product of 4.3g in a tube


About Hurraw! (Read the full description on the website)

"Super smooth, not draggy, not sticky, not sweet, not too glossy, not too smelly, never grainy, long lasting; 
plus, it had to hold up to being in a back jeans pocket all day without melting! It took us several obsessed years to formulate Hurraw! Balm and put it through all the rigors."

- Vegan

- Raw

- Organic

- Gluten Free, No GMO's

Non toxic

Core Ingredients: 

- Almond oil

- Coconut oil

- Cacao butter:

- Jojoba oil

- Olive oil

- Castor oil

- Candelilla wax

Flavors:
All of the flavors we use in our balms are derived from 100% natural sources.
Most come from pure essential oils, the others (Rootbeer, Chai Spice, Chocolate, Green Tea, Black Cherry) are made for us from 100% natural, organically derived flavor compounds through various processes of distillation and extraction. 



Chai Spice and Earl Grey


Chai Spice - This one smells spicy and slightly creamy sweet. However, unfortunately not my kind of smell. Its rather pungent and I find it pretty nauseating on my lips as I can constantly smell it. I prefer a more delicate scent. The balm itself is smooth and creamy. This is my least favourite flavour.

Earl Grey - This smells quite like the real thing (perhaps a bit tangy) - Earl Grey Tea! But when my sister came and smelt it she replied: "It smells like kiddy glue!" Like #@&£$%!! Now all I smell is glueee!! @.@ Noooo!! The balm is smooth and buttery on the lips.


Pitta and Coffee Bean


Pitta - (New special flavour) Coconut, Mint and Lemongrass as it says on the tube. You know what? ALL 3 flavours are distinctive and can identify them clearly. When mixed together it's a creamy, refreshing and mildly sweet concoction - yum! I just wish the Lemongrass would be less concentrated as I am not a big fan of Lemongrass. However, those who want a refreshing yet citrus-y scent  this is perfect for you. Application is smooth and glides on easily.

Coffee Bean - Coffee lovers! This is for you! :')) Smells slighty bitter and dark. Mmmmm! Wish it was a bit more sweet tho as I have a very sweet palette :P Hehehe!! Overall, quite a yummy scent and glides smoothly on the lips.

Cinnamon Tinted Lip Balm


Cinnamon Tinted - This smells just like cinnamon sugar! Very sweet, spicy and strong! :PP All of the other lip balms are colour-free and this was my only tinted purchase. This has got to be my favourite one forgiving the strong smell. And the colour? If you've tried the Vaseline Rose Pot  its very similar to that - has a slight pinky-red tint to the lips, however may not be visible on those with more pigmented lips and I would recommend the Tinted Black Cherry one from the same line. Texture is the same as the others - smooth, butter with the non-heavy feel. When applied on my lips there is a tingling burning sensation (caused by the cinnamon?) and seems to give it a more plump, fuller look ^___^ Whooo! All good! What girl doesn't like plump kissable lips? ;PPP


OVERALL OPINION

Pros:
- Quite affordable for a vegan, organic product that uses raw materials
- All natural with natural scents
- Soft and smooth that glides easily on the lips
- Light texture with light hydration (applies on richly without the heavy feeling and absorbs quickly)
- Can withstand heat better than other lip balms
- Unique oval shape that distributes product better on the lips
- Strong smell gets milder with time.
- Simplistic and attractive packaging: I just love love love the packaging + I love how the casing feels haha!! xDD

Cons:
- Strong scents, may be a bit nauseating for some but does fade away after some time
- Only hydrates for a limited time - not suitable for those with very dry lips
- Limited to only a few organic stores where not all flavours are available therefore have to buy online
- As it contains natural ingredients, will not be suitable for those sensitive to any of the ingredients 

Would I recommend: Yes, If you are into all natural products with unique flavours and don't mind strong scents. Why not try a few? ;))

Would I repurchase? No! I personally can not stand the strong initial scent ¬_¬"



Until Next Time :)
xoxox

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I adore your style of writing :) And I'm very pleased to see you're posting again :)
    I love nice soft lip balms so I think I'll be having a look around for them :)

    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danniii! I've only just saw your message right now >_<" Hehe, can tell i don't go on my page often :PP Apart from reading blog posts :PP Haha!

      Yes, posting every now and then if i'm not too busy with life :'DD I have so much I want to review but well.. don't get around to doing so T_T Haii.. *sigh*

      I hope you enjoy the coffee one that you bought ^^ I have a TREMENDOUS amount of lip balms - total junkie!! <3

      I've just read your blog posts just now ^_^ Awhh, im in love with your drawings :3 But you don't seem to have a linkie for me to follow you :( PUT IT UP!! :'))

      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. These look awesome! I've been spying out for more natural products recently, especially on Etsy. I love the oval shape of these =) Ahahaha kiddy glue =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh why have I not seen this comment until now? >.<
      It is worth looking into if your more towards natural products :)
      Have you tried Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Balm? Its amazing but a little of the pricey end.

      Delete