Sunday 16 September 2012

-MAKE UP TAG-

It's always fun and interesting to read tags and I saw this popular tag circling around the beauty blogging community, so I decided to do one myself ^_^... So yeah! Hope you enjoy my very first tag ;PP

Here goes!

How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
I think I was 12 years old during year 8 in comprehensive school. I remember going into my local Superdrug, all confused whilst looking at the makeup products. It was all intimidating - there were sooo many different items, brands, and colours.. I didn't know where to start! :PP In the end, I just settled for a black kohl liner from Rimmel in hope to enlarge my eyes haha. From then on, I rimmed only the bottom of my eyes day after day (bad look ughh) - then along came mascara and foundation xDD 

How did you get into makeup?
Through friends. They were all quite early into make up. I remember my best friend at the time would rim her eyes with black liner and coat on mascara to define and emphasize her eyes. I did the same eventually, but little did I know makeup techniques differ according to eye shape. Her eyes were round, mine were almond. Yups, beauty mishap! Instead of enhancing my eye shape by making it appear brighter and larger etc.. It had quite the opposite effect  T___T

What are some of your favorite brands?
Drugstore: L'oreal, Maybelline, Revlon and possibly a dash of bourjois.

High-end: Dior, YSL, Lancome (I would love to buy more but given given my current situation - seems unlikely anytime soon *sobs*).

Foreign brands: Etude House, Laneige, Lioele, Shiseido, Kanebo Kate, Jill  Stuart, Canmake.

Ultimate favourite brand would have to be ETUDE HOUSE as their makeup is high quality at very affordable prices and they have a humongous range of different products - there is always something for someone. 

What does makeup mean to you?
I believe make up is used as a tool to enhance the beauty each one of us possess and not as a means of a disguise. When too much is applied, it subtracts you from this beauty. 

If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
Mascara, Liquid Eyeliner, Eyeshadow, and Lipbalm. My usual everyday items really ;PP I only emphasize the eyes. 

What is your favorite thing about makeup?
Make up is able to bring out your best features and minimize any flaws. It is such a powerful tool that brings out the best in us females, giving us confidence and making us feel beautiful and content with the person looking back at us in our reflection.

What do you think about drugstore makeup VS. high end makeup?
High end make up = you get what you paid for - the quality. In my perfect world, I would have an unlimited supply of money to afford to buy from the high end only hehehe ;PP

There are many drugstore products that perform very well for the price and if the product is good, the brand does not matter :)) I am a very skin conscience person, so I tend to only buy high end foundation as I believe it contains better quality ingredients :PP

What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
There is always beauty in something natural - be light on the makeup, your skin would thank you in the future :DD

What is one makeup trend you never understood?

Ganguro!



Ganguro is literally the term for "Black Face". It originated from Japan and the ganguro style consists of heavily tanned skin, bleached orange-blonde hair or even silver grey known as "High-Bleached". The eyes are heavily lined using black ink and a white concealer is used as lipstick and eyeshadow.  Fake eyelashes, plastic facial gems, and pearl powder are often added to this. Platform shoes and brightly coloured outfits complete the ganguro look. Also typical ofganguro fashion are tie dyed sarongs, miniskirts, stickers on the face, and many bracelets, rings, and necklaces

What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
I love it. There are so many excellent make up gurus out there sharing their tips, techniques, applications and knowledge for us all. It's so inspiring. 
Hopefully, I would be able to bring myself to post up a video on YouTube one day. But for now, product blogging will do :DD 


Go on, Tag yourselves! v(o^__^o)v

Until next time xoxo

4 comments:

  1. We share some favorite brands :D! though Im too broke to get any highend products atm lol

    hahaaa I can never understand the trend of Ganguro too :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wheyyyheeeyy! :DD

      I just recently bought Dior Amber Diamond highlighter (just because I see it a bit too often and couldn't help myself haha!) - Now, i'm a level deeper in the land of Poor T_T

      Yes, Ganguro -> looks seriously scary! DD:<

      Delete
  2. wow I didn't even know Ganguro existed lol I thought we asians love fairer skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a mystery. I thought that too! @___@ But as depicted by the Ganguro Trend, it seems not all asians feel that way haha! ;PP

      Gives me an idea though - I might do this for Halloween one year *hmmm* ideas ideas ideas xDD

      Delete